West Virginia's non-profits, churches, municipalities, and businesses, and factories have the most to gain from using solar electricity. Electricity from their own rooftops, with steady payments, allows them to put resources toward what matters, like feeding and housing our neighbors. In spite of the benefits to going solar, non-profits have the highest barriers put in their way.
For instance, non-profits can’t take the tax credits that homeowners and businesses get. And big upfront payments just aren’t an option. That’s why precious few non-profits have ever gone solar in West Virginia.
But we are changing that with Solar Holler. We use our expertise in solar energy and finance to make solar installations affordable for those who need it most--without any upfront cost.
How does it work?
SOLAR POWER WITHOUT THE UPFRONT COST
SINGLE MONTHLY payments
Quality equipment and Installation
PRODUCE YOUR OWN POWER
Single monthly payments cover the cost of your solar panels - from the planning to the equipment to the installation. A steady and predictable monthly payment replaces the ever-increasing cost of electricity from the utility. And once your system is paid off--those payments go away completely!
Solar Holler does a solar analysis of your roof and provides you a detailed report. If you've got the potential then we use a certified and well-trained solar crew of young West Virginians to install your panels.
The electricity that your solar panels produce is power that you don't have to buy from the utility. That means every month, you'll see a lower electricity bill from Appalachian Power or FirstEnergy.
Steps to going solar
- Fill out our little form at the bottom of the page to get started. It'll take about 30 seconds.
- Solar Holler completes a detailed assessment via satellite analysis.
- If it's a good fit, we'll handle the engineering, permitting, working with the utilities, getting all the equipment to the site.
- Our installation partners at Coalfield Development will install your panels--and in the process create good jobs and training opportunities for West Virginians.
- We flip the switch, and the power starts flowing.